Thursday 24 March 2011

Spring is sprung...

Well it's really starting to feel like the weather is changing for the better here now which means I can get outside more often and take some photos! Just got back from a trip 'up North' where I went to a town with possibly the best name ever.... Ashby de la Zouch. As such I've got a couple from the castle there and one to illustrate the new found nice weather of the British Isles ;)

I don't know if it's a British obsession but I find something really pleasing about wandering round partially destroyed castles. I always find it incredible that people managed to build these huge structures by hand with none of the machinery we use today. ISO 200, 24 mm, f/7.1, 1/250 sec
Destroyed royalist castle

This is maybe not the most intersting image in the world but I really like the way the light falls across the stone. I think you get a real sense of the texture of the wall and how old it is. ISO 200, 26 mm, f/6.3, 1/250 sec
Small window within castle

It's a real cliché but I guess that's for a reason, there are few plants that more illustrate the move from the depth of winter to the first warm days of spring than the old Narcissus (still remember some of my degree!).  ISO 200, 50 mm, f/2, 1/4000 sec
Daffodil!

No comments:

Post a Comment